We hope everyone has been enjoying the summer break. As some of the government restrictions around the COVID-19 pandemic begin to be relaxed, we’re starting to plan for how we’ll be able to return to face-to-face activities in the upcoming Autumn term
We’re all looking forward to returning, so I wanted to provide an update on how we’re approaching a re-start.
Our plans will follow all government rules as well as guidance from Scouts’ UK HQ. Our priority is to keep young people and adults safe.
Here’s a brief outline of how we will operate, following Scouts’ ‘COVID Code’:
We’ll share more detailed plans for the new safety measures we’re putting in place soon, and we’d encourage all parents and carers, young people and volunteers to raise any concerns, ask questions and provide feedback either with me directly or with your section leaders.
- New control measures will be in place for all activities
- Additional hygiene measures will be put in place
- Social distancing will be observed
- Group sizes will be limited
- Adjustments will be made for young people who are vulnerable or have been affected by COVID-19
Returning to Scouts will happen in phases, the first of which will let us resume outdoor activities in small groups. Returning to face-to-face Scouts will be voluntary for all young people, parents/carers and volunteers.